Sign in to follow this  
Greg K

FileRepMalware??

I got this message that your installer contains malware?  Can you clarify or put my racing mind at ease?  See the attached screen shot from my desktop.

Apologies if this had been mentioned in another post.  I'm trying to install so I can try out PACX asap.

Thanks!

Greg

Malware.jpg

I see several other topics have been replied to since I've posted this.  Any update at all?

I purchased and simply want to be able to download.  If you don't want to make this posting "public" you can email me at gregory.knuth@gmail.com instead.

hope to hear something soon!!!!!

Greg

Upon looking this up, I did see this is connected to Avast and it's "File Reputation" system. Avast will block in some cases a program it may not know of and call it "filerepmalware" if certain settings are strict, or if it just decides to trigger it. I would disable Avast until you have completed your install, then turn it back on. 

Brandon, thank you!

All I needed to hear :)  I just wanted to make sure.  Thanks for the update.  I've never had any other files "marked" like this throughout the years but figured it had to be something irregular.  Thanks again!

Greg

• Like 1