hawkeye53

Announcements

Two announcements I have not heard, although I do not know whether they're incorporated or not, are "prepare for takeoff" and "prepare for landing". It would be nice if these announcements were included in a future release. If they are included, what are the requirements to trigger them?

• Like 1

On 6/2/2019 at 11:26 AM, hawkeye53 said:

Two announcements I have not heard, although I do not know whether they're incorporated or not, are "prepare for takeoff" and "prepare for landing". It would be nice if these announcements were included in a future release. If they are included, what are the requirements to trigger them?

Keep in mind you can give announcements as captain by using the general public announcement feature and microphone. Is pretty cool given there is a PA effect added to your voice. I agree though, it would be nice if the cabin crew would then do their service announcement with details and have this triggered by voice with announcement. The code is already there, they just need to add the audio files of the crew. :)

We did our best to recreate the type of announcements heard on real flights. Different airlines have differences, of course, but generally, are these not included in the general messages given before those events (takeoff/landing)?

Posted (edited)

I'm actually having a problem where the PACX menu is not listed in my Addons in P3D 4.5, which I assume would mean the PACX Bridge is not working correctly. I've tried reinstalling PACX a couple of times, but the problem persists. I have run the installer as administrator and excluded my PACX folder from any virus scans. Looking at the manual, it looks as if this problem would interfere with me using a microphone headset for vocal interaction. Any suggestons?  I'm running Windows 10 Pro Thanks in advance for any help offered.

Edited by hawkeye53

@hawkeye53 The in-sim DLL will not affect vocal recognition. That said, the issue may be due to the PACXBridge path. Can you verify what it's set to in %appdata%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\dll.xml?

I figured out what the problem was. For some reason the path to my PACXBridge in my dll.xml was wrong. I corrected it and I now have the listing for PACX in my Addons menu. Thank you for the great support!

Hi,

could you please tell me how to fix it?

My issue is that I press to make the interactions and nothing happens. I press the FA Call button And still nothing happens.

The PACXBridge doesnt appears on the Add-ons bar.

Can anyone help me?

@marlon Which menu button are you pressing? The interaction menu should be appearing when you click the megaphone. @hawkeye53 Can you tell me what the path to PACXBridge was versus what it was supposed to be?

To answer the question, the path to my PACXBridge in my dll.xml was: E:\PACXBridge\PACXBridge_x64.dll

I had to change it to: E:\TFDi Design\PACX\PACXBridge\PACXBridge_x64.dll in order for the the PACXBridge option to display in my Addons.

Strangely, I'm having the same problem as the above user where I can not use my microphone to make announcements. If I press the microphone icon I get the list of announcements that are available. If I the click on, say, general announcements and then click OK the window then just disappears and the text that says "listening" never appears. Is there something that maybe I'm doing wrong?

@hawkeye53 I believe I've solved it using the wrong directory for the PACXBridge installation. It sounds like Vocal Recognition isn't available for whatever reason, which is why it's opening the interaction menu instead. We will be adding better logging of this in the next update that can help us isolate the cause. That said, the current log file may provide some insight. Can you send us that?

So I was finally get the voice recognition to work by uninstalling PACX from my E drive and installing it to the default installation location of C:\Program Files (x86)\TFDI Design

So it appears that PACX can not be installed to a custom location, at least not for me. I personally do not prefer to install any programs to any Program Files location, but for now I'll be happy to as long as the voice recognition works. Thanks again for the great support.

Patrick

3 hours ago, hawkeye53 said:

So I was finally get the voice recognition to work by uninstalling PACX from my E drive and installing it to the default installation location of C:\Program Files (x86)\TFDI Design

So it appears that PACX can not be installed to a custom location, at least not for me. I personally do not prefer to install any programs to any Program Files location, but for now I'll be happy to as long as the voice recognition works. Thanks again for the great support.

Patrick

Patrick, I'm glad it's behaving now. I will check this out and see what happens if I install it to another drive.