Ifikratis

Extreme taxi and flight logic

Posted (edited)

Hi,

I did my flight after the latest update with the Majestic Q400. Completing the flight the passengers were very unsatisfied and reported that it was terrifying taxing and flight. I realized that I the Q400 is not in the list of the planes that are implemented to recognize the seat belt switch and thus according to PACX I should had not enabled the seatbelt sign during the flight. 

However, my taxing and flight was at no case dangerous, fast, abrupt or extreme. My taxi was less than 15 knots, smooth turns and the flight was also smooth.

What is the logic that PACX reports bad taxi and flight behavior? I understand to get criticized for not having  enabled the seatbelt sign, but passengers reporting that the flight was extreme, is not realistic. I have been to numerous flights and we all know that if the taxi and flight are smooth, it feels the same with seatbelt or without seatbelt. 

So, my question is why the passengers complained and what is the logic of PACX?

Edited by Ifikratis

@Ifikratis Can you send me the log of the flight that encountered this? It sounds like it may have detected something other than what was intended. Normally, excessive taxi is considered large will roll during taxi or extremely high speed taxi.

I am currently on a flight from dallas to london.  cruising at 33000 with a tail wind.  Ground speed is 519.  every passenger is unsatisfied and terrified.  not sure why.  I did an update to pacx.

On 6/20/2019 at 9:09 PM, turbofandude said:

@Ifikratis I believe this issue was resolved with the last update (I was able to re-create it).

Thank you very much Collin for the very fast resolution :)

On 6/21/2019 at 4:50 PM, cgiordano180 said:

I am currently on a flight from dallas to london.  cruising at 33000 with a tail wind.  Ground speed is 519.  every passenger is unsatisfied and terrified.  not sure why.  I did an update to pacx.

Which simulator are you using? It seems that our G-force detection may be causing false positives.

On 6/24/2019 at 7:48 PM, turbofandude said:

Which simulator are you using? It seems that our G-force detection may be causing false positives.

I am using xplane 11.

I have FSCaptain in which I can monitor turbulence real time.  It seems that this is the culprit in cruise/climb/descent.  I just don't know what your algorithm sets as limits to disturb passengers to see the flying as 'extreme'  Maybe your bands may need adjusting or we need to know how to set FSUIPC or ASPv4, etc.

It just seems too sensitive for taxi as well as airborne turbulence.  Just IMHO.

Great product though but still learning how to coordinate it with FSC, FSP, etc . . . 

Thanks

Joe

BTW I cannot get PACX to do anything but lock up on load in the PMDG NGX.  I mean it is a hard CTD and can only unload P3D with task manager.  Any suggestions. Love the program and worked fine with the 717. 

Thanks in advance for any feedback. 

Joe

Hi, 

I load the NGX from a saved scenario and once the AC loads and does its PMDG setup dance for 15 - 17 seconds, i then attempt to load PACX from a desktop shortcut.  It loads and then I attempt to set up a flight by completing the 'start' information and some short time later the sim (P3D V4.5) just litterally freezes hard.  I cannot do anything,  can't even ALT-TAB to other open and idling desktop items, i.e., Trackir, ASV4, etc., but it will not access any of them.  I literally have to CNTR ALT DEL to open task manager to kill the program; P3D.  

Even after I do that, the NGX and P3D do not work correctly, sometimes, no gauges at ALL in the NGX on reload and the scenery goes to shades of gray.  Anyway, I am afraid to launch it again, because I am a home cockpit builder and it takes days to restore, reinstall, many addons and external hardware like, Virtual Avionics, Go Flight, Precision Flight Controls, etc., etc . . . .

Anyway, i love the authenticity of your passenger simulation activities, background processes, and voice and other AI events. . . ..  

I'd love to get this to work with the mainstay of my fleet, the PMDG 737 NGX . . . . 

Thanks in advance,

Joe

Additionally, i most often load PACX from the in sim menu.  To add on to what i posted above, once i load PACX it plays havoc with all the other NGX gauges, saved 2d panels lose their save sizing, etc.  or reset to the default 2d panel gauges, ND, PFD, Engines gauges, etc.  

Just to let you know that PACX does show up in my in sim addon menu  . . .

Thanks again,

Joe

3 hours ago, joeporter2@msn.com said:

Additionally, i most often load PACX from the in sim menu.  To add on to what i posted above, once i load PACX it plays havoc with all the other NGX gauges, saved 2d panels lose their save sizing, etc.  or reset to the default 2d panel gauges, ND, PFD, Engines gauges, etc.  

Just to let you know that PACX does show up in my in sim addon menu  . . .

Thanks again,

Joe

I believe I have isolated it to a conflict between Virtual Avionics hardware  MCP737-R, EFIS737 Pro, Virtual CDU and PACX. Everything is fine after loading the interface software,  VAinterface.  It is when I open PACX that the hardware locks up.  Closing and reloading the software, PACX or VAinterface becomes impossible and the only choice is to close P3D before it freezes and if it freezes, it has to be unloaded via Task manager.  

I cannot understand what the conflict can be but it is the hardware I only use with the PMDG NGX as part of a home cockpit.  I enjoyed your 717 but now I want to move back to my mainstay and reconnect all of my cabin hardware/software AND I wanted to integrate PACX into that project.  

Your thoughts and direction would be most appreciated.

Thanks . . .

Joe

23 minutes ago, turbofandude said:

@joeporter2@msn.com Can you message me directly? We may need to work a little more directly with you to get this sorted out.

Sure, how do you propose to do that, i.e.., gotomeeting?   Let me know.  I also put in a support ticket because my troubleshooting resulted in overdoing my licensed installs.  I want you to know how much I appreciate your attention to my situation!  Thanks much!

Joe

Actually if the captain is a good pilot you feel the same with seatbelt or without seatbelt for the whole flight.....