Dexadrinne

CTD via changing views.

I've not read about any other plane with this specific issue. If true wouldn't it be easier to tweak the plane coding to avoid the bug?

If the problem was in the code, I'd agree. The issue they found is a bug in an texture-related operation, which is more difficult for us to work around.

Thanks Collin. Hopefully they can sort something out for us sooner than later. Been a long time since we've been able to fly the plane.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, turbofandude said:

I'm checking with them now to see if there has been any further progress.

Thanks for keeping us updated!

1 hour ago, turbofandude said:

They confirmed it is on the list but they haven't had time to work on it yet

That's interesting considering this bug is not only affecting your paying customers, but theirs as well, seeing the problem lies with them. I can't speak for others but I haven't been able to fly the plane since I bought it nearly a year ago.

• Like 1

On 1/11/2020 at 1:40 AM, turbofandude said:

They confirmed it is on the list but they haven't had time to work on it yet (per the latest email from them).

Thanks for the update! The 717 is my favourite sim aircraft by far, would love to be able to fly it properly again!

On 1/10/2020 at 9:40 PM, Oswald1953 said:

That's interesting considering this bug is not only affecting your paying customers, but theirs as well, seeing the problem lies with them. I can't speak for others but I haven't been able to fly the plane since I bought it nearly a year ago.

We've never been able to isolate one setting, addon, etc. that re-created it. It's comforting to know they're on it.

20 hours ago, turbofandude said:

We've never been able to isolate one setting, addon, etc. that re-created it. It's comforting to know they're on it.

Well let's hope LM doesn't drag this out and is able to come up with a solution in short order. Just seems odd to me that this bug, whatever it is, seems to affect this plane only. If LM can sort it out then fair enough.

Hi,

Earlier it was stated it would either be a quick hotfix or a rollout as part of an update - now the last update says its on their list but they havent had time to work on it?

Has it been solved?

Scott

12 hours ago, Fabio Almeida said:

@Scotty check our knowledge base under the support header on the website for possible fixes!

Hi,

thanks for the suggestion - a work around wasn’t the question.  

Has the issue been solved ? Have LM got an answer and a patch on the way?

Various posts say they do then the last post says they haven’t had time to look at it ? 

Is there a fix/patch coming - not a workaround ?

thanks

Scott

On 2/12/2020 at 12:04 AM, Scotty said:

Has the issue been solved ? Have LM got an answer and a patch on the way?

Various posts say they do then the last post says they haven’t had time to look at it ? 

Is there a fix/patch coming - not a workaround ?

When asked recently "So what is it with the 717 that triggers this swizzle bug and why can't something be done to the 717 to avoid it?"

The answer received included "If we were to fix it, it would involve a huge change to the exterior and interior models, something that we do not have the ability to carry out at the moment with our ongoing projects and other involvements, especially when LM have acknowledged it is on their side and not ours"

This would suggest that TFDi could in fact rework the model to fix this instead of waiting for Lockheed Martin to get around to it at some future date. I can't really see Lockheed Martin having an incentive to jump on this anytime soon seeing that no other plane exhibits this behavior.

I don't know about your experience, but it's now been more than a year since I bought this product and have yet to complete a flight without a view change CTD. If TFDi can't get a solid commitment from Lockheed Martin they need to get on with reworking the model instead, in spite of "ongoing projects and other involvements".

Unfortunately from time to time in our business we've had to dip into the slush fund and/or rework project timelines to rectify issues that impacted customers even though we could have legitimately pointed the finger at others.

19 hours ago, Oswald1953 said:

When asked recently "So what is it with the 717 that triggers this swizzle bug and why can't something be done to the 717 to avoid it?"

The answer received included "If we were to fix it, it would involve a huge change to the exterior and interior models, something that we do not have the ability to carry out at the moment with our ongoing projects and other involvements, especially when LM have acknowledged it is on their side and not ours"

This would suggest that TFDi could in fact rework the model to fix this instead of waiting for Lockheed Martin to get around to it at some future date. I can't really see Lockheed Martin having an incentive to jump on this anytime soon seeing that no other plane exhibits this behavior.

I don't know about your experience, but it's now been more than a year since I bought this product and have yet to complete a flight without a view change CTD. If TFDi can't get a solid commitment from Lockheed Martin they need to get on with reworking the model instead, in spite of "ongoing projects and other involvements".

Unfortunately from time to time in our business we've had to dip into the slush fund and/or rework project timelines to rectify issues that impacted customers even though we could have legitimately pointed the finger at others.

I believe you may have misinterpreted my words from Discord. It would require an entirely new model, something that would take many months to actually complete if we had a team working on it full-time. I understand the frustration, but the problem is not with us, which I am always feeling like I have to keep repeating myself when people ask this. Lockheed Martin have told us it is their bug, not ours, and they need to fix that. We have given them test builds, sent emails back and forth, worked with testers on our end to find out what the bug was. 

Before jumping on forums to slate us after taking my words to assume we can rework the model, please consider that this is a product that has been out several years, and worked fine on the 32-bit version of the software without issue. It is with the 64-bit applications where we experience the problems. 

• Like 2

Also, to further Josh's point; we don't even necessarily know what portion of the model would require reworking. There are SO many textures, materials, and surfaces in the file and there's no guarantee that a redone model wouldn't have the same problem. We will not be redoing the model to attempt to fix a problem we have a workaround for in the knowledgebase.

Edit: This KB article https://tfdidesign.com/index.php/knowledgebase/44/Simulator-Crashing-When-Changing-Views.html and this forum topic https://forums.tfdidesign.com/index.php?/topic/3754-view-switch-crash/ both describe workarounds. If you haven't completed a full flight in a year, it's because you haven't looked at the solutions we've provided.

• Like 1