CoolPilot06

My thoughts...

Love this program.  It adds a lot of fun immersion I've been looking for a long time.  Just a few comments:

1. Custom announcement sets from per-recorded .WAV files.  Love the Safety briefing ability - would love to add triggers for other announcements and custom files.

2. Ability to edit triggers for announcements.  IE: When certain announcements are played (or not played).

3. Ability to customize inflight offerings.  IE: Some flights only do retail for sale...some do complimentary meals...etc.

4. Would love to track other departure metrics such as D:00 (departure ontime), and A:14 (Arrival within 14 minutes scheduled)...might be good for airline stats?

5. Ability to customize airlines and characteristics such as types of amenities offered (ie: not all offer inflight meals, etc).

6. Pax more forgiving of turbulence.  Flew through an area of turbulence and everybody becomes upset and terrified? 

7. "We have begun our final descent into _?_" I have yet to hear the FA complete this announcement...

8. Voice interaction hot key?  Maybe I'm missing it...is there a quick button we can push to start voice interaction?

9. Voice interaction END key.  Sometimes when speaking, if we're not done speaking yet but do pause, it'll stop - can we have a START/STOP button?

I feel there are more, but overall, am satisfied - nice job!

Thank you for the support and the feedback! I will respond below.

1. The main reason we didn't do this was to keep the announcements consistent. As the announcements get more complex (which they will be in the next few updates), it will become increasingly more challenging for after-market sound packs to stay consistent. What sort of sounds are you looking for?

2. What sort of changes are you looking for?

3. It doesn't mention price/purchasing now explicitly for that reason (for it to maintain realism with different carriers). What announcement exactly are you looking for?

4. I agree and we will get this added.

5. I agree - this is something we have planned but haven't implemented yet. It will be coming in a future update.

6. This is definitely something we will be addressing/fixing. The most recent update added G-force as an option for extreme flying and it has made satisfaction calculation a nightmare so far.

7. That's actually a feature we will be releasing soon. We already have a lot of the code and all of the audio for this, we are just working on perfecting it so it sounds exactly like we want it (we didn't want to rush it).

8. In the settings, there is an option to set a hotkey for vocal interaction (although the simulators do fight it, as times, which makes it difficult to work with). That said, in FSX/P3D, there is a menu that allows direct access to it (as well as the in-cockpit integration on supported aircraft).

9. More granular control of the vocal recognition process is something we're looking into. We use the Windows Speech Recognition API, which can be fairly rigid, so we are exploring ways to control it better.

Thanks for replying!  Here are a few more thoughts:

On 7/2/2019 at 7:25 AM, turbofandude said:

1. The main reason we didn't do this was to keep the announcements consistent. As the announcements get more complex (which they will be in the next few updates), it will become increasingly more challenging for after-market sound packs to stay consistent. What sort of sounds are you looking for?

2. What sort of changes are you looking for?

3. It doesn't mention price/purchasing now explicitly for that reason (for it to maintain realism with different carriers). What announcement exactly are you looking for?

1.  Custom announcement sets from per-recorded .WAV files.  In my case I've used my iPhone to record announcements on different carriers and (before this program) have played the .WAV file at different times for immersion.   Think I was more referring to the ability to trigger custom files in-lieu of the included soundpacks...for example,:

• Above 10k climb = play custom .WAV climb/amenities onboard 
  • Below 10k descent = play custom .WAV before landing
  • After landing = play custom .WAV

2. Ability to edit triggers for announcements.  (See above - sorry probably same one)  Perhaps users could even share their custom-made announcement files somehow so others can pull them and use them if they wish. 

3. Ability to customize inflight offerings.  I want to say I've seen in the status window after TOC it say, "Serving dinner" (or something along those lines).  Issue being, not all flights will offer a meal service, etc.  I was just looking for a menu in the flight setup screen to set:

• Type of meal service 
    • Premium Cabin (Y/N)
      • Breakfast
      • Lunch
      • Dinner
      • Snack
      • Retail Buy-on-Board
    • Economy Cabin
      • Breakfast
      • Lunch
      • Dinner
      • Snack
      • Retail Buy-on-Board
  • WiFi (Y/N)
  • DirecTV (Y/N)
  • Perhaps others which impact the overall experience logic...
    • Assign seats? (Y/N)
    • Checked Baggage Fees (Y/N)
    • Carry-on Baggage Fee (Y/N)

10. Finally, another thought may be the ability to add custom airframes which will save these features:

• Something similar to how you can save airframes in SimBrief
    • Set Seats
    • Set configurations above..
  • Ability to select from drop-down in flight setup screen

Thanks again for the great tool - have been enjoying it a lot!

I can definitely confirm the flight options system to let you select more airline-specific settings. That'll make a big difference on the overall customization of the experience. The others are things we can review, but I can't make any promises.

As well, customization of the aircraft itself is something we should be able to in the future.

• Like 1