Aaflyboy777

Speaker Effect

So far loving the new update!  However, could there be an option provided to disable the boarding music and safety video sound from being filtered through a simulated speaker?  Also, I have noticed that the boarding announcement and the door closed announcement plays after pushback, am I doing something wrong?  

Jeremy 

Jeremy,

Yes, I can make the PA effect of those files optional. Regarding the boarding sounds, this may sound like a silly question, but are you sure boarding is complete before you're pushing back?There is a bit of a delay, as well, so that can cause it to happen a bit later.

Posted (edited)

Oh nice!  Where do I find the option to make the effect optional?   

The last flight the PAs we’re right on cue, sort of...  I put 5 min departure  time, time expires and the boarding PA is than played at pushback.  It doesn’t seem to read the departure input time, just the immediate, short, or long option from the settings menu.  

Jeremy 

Edited by Aaflyboy777

Posted (edited)
On 7/17/2019 at 7:53 PM, Aaflyboy777 said:

Oh nice!  Where do I find the option to make the effect optional?   

The last flight the PAs we’re right on cue, sort of...  I put 5 min departure  time, time expires and the boarding PA is than played at pushback.  It doesn’t seem to read the departure input time, just the immediate, short, or long option from the settings menu.  

Jeremy 

The departure time is departure from the airport, as in time until takeoff. Its not departure from the gate. Its very confusing and could definitely be worded better. It mixed me up the first time as well.

Edited by Ryz

OK, a few suggestions....

1: Departure time in the real life aviation community is at door close.  This should be re-worked so that departure time is at door close and the announcements should reflect that imputed time.  Understanding that there needs to be some sort of time to allow for boarding and announcements to be played , maybe the minimum input time allowed should be 5 min.   

2.  There should be a clear option in the settings menu to turn on and off the speaker effect for the safety video and the boarding music.

3.   The boarding music does not stop when the boarding announcements start.  This needs to be corrected so that when an announcement is played the boarding music is paused.

I hope this helps a little.  

Jeremy

I'll adjust this to make sure the music is paused during announcements. Regarding the door close, it should not be waiting for pushback to do those announcements.