joeporter2@msn.com

PACX conflict with VAinterface

I am a home cockpit build with the PMDG 737 NGX and would love to incorporate PACX into my software suites.  However, after several attempts I am baffled by an apparent conflict which 'freezes' P3D V4.5 (and seems to be a conflict between PACX and VAinterface apps).  I use several stacks of GoFlight hardware and of course, Virtual Avionics EFIS, MCP (pro) and CDU among several other hardware components.  It all plays well together until I launch PACX from the add on menu in P3D.   PACX will load and I can set up everything but as soon as I close the PACX window, the NGX and for that matter P3D has frozen hard.  

Once it has frozen, I can only release it by going to the desktop and ending the P3D via the task manager.  I have checked for virus software blocking both PACX and VAinterface (which connects my Virtual Avionic hardware), I have made sure that windows firewall is not blocking any critical application associated with P3D or the NGX.  I have made sure that I have full control of all of these apps as well in the 'properties'/security settings . .. 

I was hoping to get some help here from the TFDI team but I understand they are busy, so I thought I'd put my issue out to the forum.

Any suggestions, directions or help is much appreciated.  I would love to add PACX to my PMDG sim.  I have used PACX with the the TFDI 717 and have quite enjoyed it.  

Thanks in advance

Joe

Joe, I am using P3D 4.5, PMDG T7 as well as the NG, with VA Interface connecting to a couple of tablets and I have no issues. I hope this piece of info will help you to narrow down the culprit in the chain.

Cheers,

Florin

Hi Florin,

I appreciate it is working for you, however, are you running the hardware as well, i.e., MCP pro, EFIS  . . . and a tablet with the CDU?  Also, are you running the full VAinterface or VAinterface lite?  It is definitely a conflict between these two apps (PACX/VA), I have been testing and resetting this many times, tried many solutions. . . I also run 8 or 9 other addons like AS4, Rex, FSCaptain, FS2crew . . . etc.  I have been thru a protracted process of elimination, narrowed it down to VAinterface and PACX.  All runs and plays well until I load PACX . . .

Thanks for your feedback but I'd have to know more about your configuration for this to be helpful.  

Much appreciated,

Joe

Full VA Interface 2.27.0.66 to a Samsung tablet, Saitek X52, TrackIR, no other hardware. 

P3D 4.5, PMDG, Active Sky, ASCA, EFB2, ACARS, FSRealtime, FS2Crew, GSX, RAAS Pro, PFPX, UTLive /  RealTrafficX/ vPilot, FSDT

I was just trying to convey the message that PACX and VAInterface with no GoFlight hardware works here, and hope that will help you eliminate this one particular combination.

Cheers,

Florin

Thanks Florin,   we are for the most part using ALL the same addons, other than I use many Megasceneryearth for scenery and flight-beam and other payware airports.  The only significant difference in our systems is I am using Virtual Avionics hardware.   Any Ideas for me?

Again thanks . . . Joe

You probably went through this already... I would follow a process of elimination, by disabling (not uninstalling) all hardware drivers then enabling them one by one and testing after each change. Hopefully you will be able to narrow it down to one piece of hardware and PACX. That will make it easier for the developers to replicate and subsequently fix the issue. Good luck!

Florin