Omid

Rudder pedals to steer the plane on the ground

Posted (edited)

it  happened to me again today. PHTO-PHNL and it happened after I landed on 26L. Flew PHNL-PHTO 2 days ago and when I landed it DID NOT HAPPEN. I have no idea whats going on. it has a mind of Its own and it happens quite frequently on landings 

Edited by Hawaiianstyle25

On 4/18/2020 at 6:11 PM, NWA1999 said:

Hello,

I just updated today and im having this exact issue i can't control the aircraft. Been happening for a year. I use autorudder, as I don't have rudder pedals. 

NWA1999...same for me, been going on for a year now off and on. never had this problem when TFDI 717 use to have the option "autorudder " on or off withn the EFB during there 1st version 

On 4/18/2020 at 2:46 PM, turbofandude said:

I am at a loss as to how this is happening. The default autorudder works completely normally here (I was able to toggle it on and off and the controls responded properly). As well, I just looked through the code and there are absolutely zero references to changing the default autorudder. Are you 100% sure you're running the latest version and there there isn't potentially conflicting hardware mapping (FSUIPC, SPAD, etc.)?

Edit: The behavior you are describing where it turns the default one off every time was how it was before we made it support the built in system. That's why I'm confused.

turbofandude,

since most recent update, the autorudder IS NOT turning itself off in the p3d realism options menu anymore, BUT the LEFT to RIGHT sterring fighting uncontrollably to get it to go straignt 10 feet is impossible, THAT is still there and has not been fixed, just clarify. 

I couldn't make it back to the gate from landing RWY 26L at PHNL about hour ago. plane was all over the taxiways into the dirt. the yoke was Hard full left and plane was full veer right , then I would Hard Right yoke and plane is full veer left. I have FSUIPC 6.0 Free version. Are we not suppose to be using fsuipc? like I said its only the free version, I have been using it for years (updating as I go) because its been said that some pieces of software utilize it to prevent P3d from crashing. 

Is that the culprit? do I need it ? 

Just landed PHNL-PHOG and No steering problem. Will test out tomorrow as well. There was an EZdok update 3.0.83 for HF2 since March 2020 that was listed on their simforums site and not on their ezdok site download section  . Hopefully that was the case but I will test tomrrow with 2-3 additional flights . If I land 3 of them with no taxi problem , then I can say it was EZdok but I will test . 

5 hours ago, Hawaiianstyle25 said:

Just landed PHNL-PHOG and No steering problem. Will test out tomorrow as well. There was an EZdok update 3.0.83 for HF2 since March 2020 that was listed on their simforums site and not on their ezdok site download section  . Hopefully that was the case but I will test tomrrow with 2-3 additional flights . If I land 3 of them with no taxi problem , then I can say it was EZdok but I will test . 

i don’t have EZdok

5 hours ago, NWA1999 said:

i don’t have EZdok

that's good to know, I will  test more today wih 3 more additional flights. not vfr but ifr full flight prep, takeoff, cruise, descent , approach. 

just flew PHOG-PHLI, No steering problem after land. that's 2 for 2 but im goin for 4 flights. both those landings PHOG and PHLI were visual approach, I did not use the approach/land button. we will see my next flight if its ILS . 

Okay going in a circle here. I DO have pedals, they will not control the rudder only on this Aircraft. My autorudder is OFF and it is still controlling my rudder pedals when I turn my yoke. So far all I have see is about those WITHOUT pedals. This happened after the update. May just see if I'm able to uninstall it and go back to the unupdated version since I'm not getting anywhere here. This was my favorite aircraft but slowly turning into a financial brick...

Uninstall the whole thing and delete all the folder locations , there are multiple, in P3d folder , in documents folder also in hidden folders , also delete the addon manager folder and clean your C drive. ALso if u have FSUIPIC delete it and reinstall new one. restart PC, download fresh addon manager then install your TFDI 717 within the addon manager. check if u have steer problem. Sometimes it goes away after fresh install sometimes not . 

Using FSUIPC offsets 0BB6 (Aileron control input) and 0BBA (Rudder control input), the aircraft is always registering 0 degrees Aileron  and full left rudder (-16383) when on the ground. It doesn't matter what deflection you move the yoke...the inputs remain the same.   

23 hours ago, kingm56 said:

Using FSUIPC offsets 0BB6 (Aileron control input) and 0BBA (Rudder control input), the aircraft is always registering 0 degrees Aileron  and full left rudder (-16383) when on the ground. It doesn't matter what deflection you move the yoke...the inputs remain the same.   

Can u  elaborate better for me. I do and don't understand some of your talk. So are u saying that FSUIPC is the culprit in the steering problem. U said "Full Left Rudder (-16383)". Is that the problem you are saying? I have the free version of FSUIPC as well. Is that still the problem? Also, do I need FSUIPC in my sim anymore? what programs benefit or need it ? 

FYI everyone,

flew PHNL-PHKO. this was my 4th attempt as 3 of 3 were successful with no steer problem. On my 4th attempt last night, iiiiiiitttsssss Baaaacckkk. Full hard Left steer and my yoke was full right and couldn't go straight. wow, its back. what the heck is goin on 

Dear Turbofandude/Collin,

Unfortunately I can confirm the same problem. I flew the 717 for the first time in a while after a reinstall (i dont remember what my last installed version was), but my rudder is driving me crazy as well. It is impossible to keep it straight and just tapping my pedals with my big toe causes the whole plane to tilt right. Also in the air it remains a big problem.

Autorudder is turned off, I use FSUIPC (calibrated axis over and over), but with no other airplane I experienced issues before. I did not touch the Axis value in the Addon manager. 

Ultimately I had to unplug my rudder pedals and land the plane with autorudder option turned on, otherwise there is no fun in flying the plane.. 

Any idea?