WinnerAdvocate

How to get voice interaction

Posted (edited)

Hi, when i click on voice interaction the same as when i click on interact with pax and crew pops up. Do anyone know the problem?

Thanks

Edited by WinnerAdvocate

This happens when there is an issue loading vocal recognition. PACX will display the standard interaction, instead, so you're able to interact still.

Posted (edited)

Hello guys! I've same issue: clicking on vocal interaction PACX pops up the standard menu. I'm using FSXA on Windows 10 with language set and installed to English (this because FS2Crew needs it for voice recognition just like your software)

Edit: i've forgotten to say that in my Add-ons menu in FSX there's no PACX listed...

Edited by egon94

@egon94 Can you post the log file from %localappdata%\PACX? That'll help me figure out what's happening. Regarding the PACX menu - have you ever installed FSX:SE or P3D on that computer? Does the proper entry exist in the %appdata%\Microsoft\FSX\dll.xml file (is the path correct, etc.)?

Hi @turbofandude here's the logfile

[GENERAL][25/08/2019 10:53:58]: Starting up, version 0.9.8.0
[VOCALCONTROL][25/08/2019 10:53:59]: An error was encountered while starting vocal recognition.
System.ArgumentException: No recognizer of the required ID found.
Parameter name: culture
   at System.Speech.Recognition.SpeechRecognitionEngine..ctor(CultureInfo culture)
   at  .‬. ()
[GENERAL][25/08/2019 10:54:57]: Log ending

It looks like it might be (i've not a good knowledge of the Windows Speech SDK) a mismatching between the parameter expected for the recognition and the system language set to that.

I made a check on settings and the default language set for recognition is Italian....trying to change it to English,or any other option, seems to have no effect when you exit the page and then enter again. In that case the language come back to Italian 😕.

I want to clarify that in my account System language is set to English and keyboard layout on italian (with this config Fs2Crew voice command works)

Inside the dll.xml there's only that paragraph referred to PACX

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>PACXBridge</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\TFDi Design\PACX\PACXBridge\PACXBridge_Win32.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

@egon94 That's likely the source of the issue (the vocal recognition language). Regarding PACX - can you try moving the DLL (and adjusting the path) to somewhere inside your FSX directory? I want to see if that's a factor here.

@turbofandude I've moved the dll into FSX Modules folder and referenced the new path inside the xml file, but the PACX menu still doesn't appear on sim...
Regarding about voice recognition, changing the language to English-US  into Windows Settings and then restart the System make changes takes effects, but into the logfile still remains the exception mentioned in my last post. 
I've made some research on the net (especially at StackOverflow) and i found that sounds like that my System can't recognize the English language pack is installed . I found too that there are two namespaces (System and Microsoft) that have same methods, so this probably answer at the question why FS2Crew works.
I attach a screenshot of my settings in Windows 10 (64bit version)settingsSpeech.thumb.jpg.700e732e5273f35f791406f4b94e5a33.jpg

@egon94 Would you be able to reach out to us via a ticket? We can schedule a remote support session, which will make it easier for me to debug. It seems like this might require code changes and it'd be helpful to be able to debug/test real-time.