Alain

Connecting to database error

Hi:

After updating to v1.1.2.0 I'm having a "SOCI ODCB Error. Error connecting to database, bla bla bla". I'm running P3Dv4.5-hf1. It's the only addon that's giving trouble to me. Any suggestions?.

Thanks, Alain

After 17 hours, still waiting for guidance from the developers. Hope it'll come soon!.

Thanks again, Alain

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, turbofandude said:

Have you tried using the alternate database connection option in the Addon Manager?

Yes, and with no luck!.

I've also tried to repair the Microsoft Access Database Engine with the same link you provided in a similar thread months before. Downloaded the x64 version (since I'm running W7 x 64 bits) and the installer says that I cannot install that version because I have installed a MS Office version for 32 bits (which in fact I do have installed - MS Office Pro 2010). I don't want to uninstall the MS Office Pro just for making the B717 to work properly. All this is very odd!.

I'm pretty sure you run into this type of issues before with some other users, so most probably you're the best to provide a solution for this in my case.

Thanks, Alain

Edited by Alain

MS Access Database Engine has to fit to the MS Office Version. Should be 32bit in Your case.

2 hours ago, GerdD said:

MS Access Database Engine has to fit to the MS Office Version. Should be 32bit in Your case.

Hi, but that doesn't necessarily fit with the 717 requirements, being a 64-bit product.

At this point I think the developers should generate a solution, choosing not to remain silent!.

Alain

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Alain said:

Hi, but that doesn't necessarily fit with the 717 requirements, being a 64-bit product.

The MS Access Database Engine has nothing to do with the 717 itself but only with it´s

navigation database who is in a MS Access file format, what was an unfortunate

decision. Your  MSAccess, as part of MS-Office, is a 32bit Version. So You´d need this one.

Edited by GerdD

5 hours ago, GerdD said:

The MS Access Database Engine has nothing to do with the 717 itself but only with it´s

navigation database who is in a MS Access file format, what was an unfortunate

decision. Your  MSAccess, as part of MS-Office, is a 32bit Version. So You´d need this one.

Hi GerdD:

Thanks for your assistance, but still no luck. I'm starting to think the unfortunate decision was on my side for having purchased this product. I had problems with it since day one.

About to uninstall it completely and avoid loosing more time with this. Will post my frustration over to AVSIM to seek for more help.

Thanks again, Alain

@Alain Have you opened a support ticket with us regarding this? We've been able to resolve any MS Access database related issues every time. Generally, it's as easy as downloading the 64 bit version and following these steps: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/learn-explore/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-install-64-bit-Microsoft-Database-Drivers-alongside-32-bit-Microsoft-Office.html

We can schedule a remote support session to get it working for you. I do apologize for the delay in response.

On 8/8/2019 at 6:09 PM, turbofandude said:

@Alain Have you opened a support ticket with us regarding this? We've been able to resolve any MS Access database related issues every time. Generally, it's as easy as downloading the 64 bit version and following these steps: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/learn-explore/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-install-64-bit-Microsoft-Database-Drivers-alongside-32-bit-Microsoft-Office.html

We can schedule a remote support session to get it working for you. I do apologize for the delay in response.

Ok, thanks, I'll try this tomorrow and will open a ticket if necessary. I'll be reporting back.

Alain

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Alain said:

Ok, thanks, I'll try this tomorrow and will open a ticket if necessary. I'll be reporting back.

Alain

Tried it to the letter (as you said, is quite easy), but it doesn't work either. Still getting the same error when loading up the aircraft in P3D. The only difference between my setup and the one of the video/instructions is that my copy of MS Office 2010 is in Spanish, that's why I made separate installations of the Access Database Engine, one in English and another one in Spanish (and both appeared as installed in Control Panel - Add/Remove Programs). In fact, before installing the Spanish version I made a test trying to loading the aircraft and got again the same error.

In all of my looong years of simming, I only remember having remote assistance three years ago due to a faulty installation of the infamous Couatl engine from FSDT. This developer has been blamed for having such a complicated piece of software that has caused a lot of trouble in a good amount of setups. The current situation with the 717 makes me remember those times. Hopefully you'll find a less troublesome path in the future for your 717. I wish I have more time available to continue playing with this. I'll give up until I revamp my sim PC in the following months (new CPU, GPU, W10 and a more recent MS Office in English) and will see what happens with the B717.

No luck with it, definitely!.

Thanks, Alain

Edited by Alain

@Alain I have no problem getting you up and running. Most of the time, these sorts of issues are resolved within a few minutes. If you'd prefer to wait, that works too. Please just let us know.

Good news. I unticked the alternate database connection option in the Addon Manager that was left ticked after doing the steps in the video/instructions, and now there's no error connecting to the database and the 717 works normally.

Thanks for your support.

Alain