Recently re-installed the 717  (version 1.1.31.0)  and the FMC shows Airac 1610 as active. I updated the airac with the Navigraph FMC Data Manager which automatically puts the latest airac in D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes\TFDi_Design_717\Data where I can see the latest updated "cycle_info.txt" and the mdb file, however the FMC still only shows the old airac of 1610. Is there another path I should use?

Thanks

Ed

• Like 2
  • 7 months later...
Posted (edited)

An answer to this would be gratefully appreciated, and i thought it was just me having this unanswered question? I have now followed 'Ed's' (above format) and mine is the same. It shows up in the files but is still showing the OLD navdata.

Please can you tell me how I can update the Navdata please? I am subscribed to Navigraph but have remained unsuccesful using the Navigraph Data Manager and installing it the cycle into P3Dv4.5.

See .png attached.

Navdata.png

Edited by Dave Taylor
Bitter frustration

I am also subscribe to Navigraph.  I updated everything the other day to the latest AIRAC cycle - 2005.  Going into my TFDI 717 FMC it shows valid from 23/APR/2020 - 21/MAY/2020.   I take it you've checked out Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes\TFDi_Design_717\Data to ensure 2005 is there?  If the updated files are in the Data folder but the FMC shows otherwise then it's probably an issue TFDI are going to have to answer.  

Bruce R

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Bruce R said:

I am also subscribe to Navigraph.  I updated everything the other day to the latest AIRAC cycle - 2005.  Going into my TFDI 717 FMC it shows valid from 23/APR/2020 - 21/MAY/2020.   I take it you've checked out Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes\TFDi_Design_717\Data to ensure 2005 is there?  If the updated files are in the Data folder but the FMC shows otherwise then it's probably an issue TFDI are going to have to answer.  

Bruce R

Don´t understand the problem. Mentioned date range equals to cycle 2005.

22 hours ago, Bruce R said:

Bruce R

Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes\TFDi_Design_717..... is where it will work.

• Like 1

Perhaps I didn't make myself clear.  I don't have a problem at all.  I was just saying AIRAC 2005 works perfectly for me.  If Ed and Dave have downloaded 2005 from Navigraph and it is not showing in the FMC then TFDI may have to offer some advice.

Bruce R  

• 4 weeks later...

Dave is correct, it has to be in this folder to work: 

Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes\TFDi_Design_717

It WILL NOT work in: 

Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes\TFDi_Design_717\Data

Trust me, I've spent hours trying to get 2006 in the FMC and 1610 out. I don't know if it mattered but I deleted 1610. 

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2020 at 10:07 AM, jfsnyder15 said:

Dave is correct, it has to be in this folder to work: 

Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes\TFDi_Design_717

It WILL NOT work in: 

Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes\TFDi_Design_717\Data

Trust me, I've spent hours trying to get 2006 in the FMC and 1610 out. I don't know if it mattered but I deleted 1610. 

The navigation data  in P3DV4 is definitely physically in the \Data path

but the path-definition in Navigraph Data Manager must be without \Data.

Thats the  difference.

Edited by GerdD
  • Like 2
  • 3 months later...

This topic has been automatically locked due to no responses being given in the past 60 days. If you need any further help, please create a new, detailed forum post or speak to a Community Moderator or Staff Member.

Title: Nav Data
Locked At: 09/10/2020
Locked By: Otto Pilot

- TFDi Design Forum Management