jessferguson79

Sound Engine Error

Hello All,

I am going back to PACX after taking some time off. Before it used to work great, however after I installed the latest update I am getting the following error at startup "The system failed to initialize the XAudio2 mastering voice with error: FAILED(hr = pXA2->CreateMasteringVoice(&mv)) and error code -2004287478"

When I go into setup my audio device it just gives me a blank dropdown list and I am not hearing any output.

You did it exactly as stated in that article? What operating system are you running? Do you happen to have any audio modification software running?

Yes, I reinstalled using the executable linked in your page. I think I have found the issue, I am using VoiceMeeter Potato (a virtual audio mixer) on my system https://www.vb-audio.com/Voicemeeter/potato.htm. Issue appears to be specific to that, if I shut VoiceMeeter down and then launch PACX application loads fine. It appears that if I load PACX first and then load Voicemeeter it all works, just a bit of a pain.

That makes sense - sometimes audio mixer/editing software can interfere with the vocal recognition portion of PACX, so it isn't surprising that it can do the same to the output.