Firecapt32

Brighter Exterior Lights

Not sure if it's just me or not but I have the following issues:

• Wingtip NAV Lights are barely visible in exterior view
  • Wingtip NAV Lights are not visible from interior view
  • Wingtip Strobes have same issues as above
  • Ground Flood Lights have same issues as above
  • Tail Logo Light is too soft

I'm using FSX and have other aircraft that have the NAV Lights well defined.

I can confirm this behavior in my FSX + Acceleration and can also attach screenshots to illustrate it.  The only exterior lights that I can actually see are the high intensity lights on the side of the front fuselage (at least that's what I think they are).  Nav lights are barely visible and the landing lights look like they're extracted but not turned on.  What's interesting the landing lights actually do cast light on the runway at night and I can see the logo light on the tail even though its source at the wing tip remains dark.

Edited by otterspotter

21 hours ago, otterspotter said:

I can confirm this behavior in my FSX + Acceleration and can also attach screenshots to illustrate it.  The only exterior lights that I can actually see are the high intensity lights on the side of the front fuselage (at least that's what I think they are).  Nav lights are barely visible and the landing lights look like they're extracted but not turned on.  What's interesting the landing lights actually do cast light on the runway at night and I can see the logo light on the tail even though its source at the wing tip remains dark.

Same issues I have.

On 12/11/2019 at 6:14 PM, turbofandude said:

This got pushed down the list somehow - we're looking into this again.

If you need to test some configurations let me know. I'll gladly try them out on my sim.

On 12/20/2019 at 10:57 PM, turbofandude said:

Just to confirm - are the lights and their ground splashes actually visible? Too dim is a hard one to fix (properly) but not appearing at all is an issue.

Just compared the P3D\effects\ and FSX\effects folder, the FSX one was missing all the TFDi ones except touchdown. I copied from P3D to FSX and they appear now in FSX. Looks like the FSX install process in the Addon Manager isn't installing them for some reason.

Good day molleh and others

After reading your posts I went back and checked my 717 in FSX and noticed I've been having the same problem without noticing it!

Molleh, I don't have P3D and don't know which files you're talking about. Is it possible that you somehow share yours with us? I acknowledge they might be copyright protected TFDI material but hey, we're TFDI customers with a potential solution to a software problem and I don't think the admin would mind.

Many thanks

Omid

The FSX version does not use the .fx files, as they're built in to the model. If you want to share them here, feel free to do so, but I don't know if that's the desired effect. We've been looking into the model to see if we can determine the issue.

Many thanks turbofandude; it sounds like the problem has been acknowledged and is being worked on.

In any case, if molleh has had his/her problem fixed by placing those files in the relevant directories it might be worth giving a try.

We've had a hard time figuring out exactly what the issue is. I've seen that the lights are a dim, but they're "working" in that they appear when they should. Can anyone having the issue send some screenshots of what they're seeing so we can try to identify it?

Posted (edited)

Here you go

All lights are supposedly on in these three pictures.

Nothing showing up in the exterior.

Regards

Omid

Desktop Screenshot 2020.01.02 - 18.50.52.59.png

Desktop Screenshot 2020.01.02 - 18.46.07.19.png

Desktop Screenshot 2020.01.02 - 18.45.56.83.png

Edited by Omid
  • Thanks 1

Hmm. I suppose that's possible I suppose. I see it like this in my sim:

48af15d5856253b377b791b7aec3fd34.png

They're definitely not the brightest, but they are indeed on/visible.

On 1/11/2020 at 6:53 AM, Firecapt32 said:

Could this possibly be related to running FSX in DirectX 10 Preview mode?

No!

My Direct X-10 preview mode is disabled.

Those files copied from P3D to FSX..... is it possible to get those so I could try it in my sim? Also, I do get the "glow" of the lights on the tarmac while on the ground. But not around the lights themselves.

10 hours ago, turbofandude said:

Are any of you seeing the bulb illuminated like my screenshot? If not, there's something wrong.

Yes but that is not what people are referring to. The model animation alone is way too subtle. You can barely tell they're on, especially off the ground where you can't see the light splashes.

Try using the .fx files from P3D. It looks far better and I'm sure it's what the users here are looking for. I know the model was updated to use animations rather than standard .fx but the .cfg is still set up to use them, and it looks muuuuch better in FSX.