Emergency Power Always On With External Power

Question

Hello, I'm trying to power up the aircraft from a cold and dark state. The external power is connected. My steps are:

1, battery on

2, emergency power armed

3, external power on

The emergency power is initially on. I thought connecting external power would cause the emergency power to switch back to the armed state.

At this point the battery is still discharging despite external power being on. In the OHP both EXT lights are on, indicating there's power. The electric page on the synoptic shows there's power, but there's no power to the bus. I've cycled the bus ties, occasionally that works, but most of the time it doesn't. I've occasionally seen a "via fault" message.

Does anyone have any ideas? Am I doing something wrong or is there a maintenance option I haven't discovered yet? Thanks in advance.

J Brenner

Edited by J Brenner

4 answers to this question

This topic has been automatically locked due to no responses being given in the past 60 days. If you need any further help, please create a new, detailed forum post or speak to a Community Moderator or Staff Member.

Title: Emergency Power Always On With External Power
Locked At: 09/16/2020
Locked By: Otto Pilot

- TFDi Design Forum Management