No more TFDI junk for me!

• 2 weeks later...

And you expect support when you carry on like that?

The view change crash is an on-going problem that we all have to be patient with, the guys are working on a fix with Lockheed Martin.

Patience is a virtue.

And as for bad support, these guys have actually had some of the best support I've seen from a Flight Sim Developer in the many years I've been in the community.

Like with most developers, this probably isn't their full time jobs and they tend to those before this.

• Thanks 2

The view change crash is frustrating, but in fairness to TFDi they've pinned it as the first item in the 717 Community Support forum and the workaround always works, for me anyway:     https://tfdidesign.com/index.php/knowledgebase/44/Simulator-Crashing-When-Changing-Views.html

I've had the TFDi 717 for a couple of years and their support has been some of the best I've got in the flight sim world.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • 3 weeks later...

As much as I understand the frustration, many others have to deal with this issue. We have tried our best to mitigate the crashes, and, as @CaptainNodrog has said already, we have pinned a knowledge-base article to ensure that it is seen.

You could also open up a support ticket with us if the knowledge-base does not fix your issue, and we will be more than happy to help!

• 1 month later...

I tell you, I said what I said because no one at TFDI is interested in a fix for my problem because they claim no one other than me has had this problem is FSX SE.  I'm telling you that this "is" a problem.  I've have tried all the jury rig fix's, they don't work.  I've flown every other add on aircraft I have configured the same way, and no problems.  I've uninstalled and done a fresh install of everything, the simulator, this product, etc..., no joy!  I've changed computer settings, no joy!  As far as I'm concerned there will be no more TFDI junk on my machine, and anyone who asks, I'll let them know about the crappy service this company has!  I made that original statement after all the frustration I've had with this product!  I tried one last time today to fly it again, and the same thing happened again just 10 miles from touch down!  I've got nearly 100 hours involved trying to figure this out.  This problem was occurring in P3D, exactly the same way it's happening to me, and there was a fix!  So I'm gonna chock this experience  up to a crappy support, and a loss of money I'll never see again!

News Flash, Jim.

Everyone is having the view change crash. Not just you.

If you follow progress on other topics, you'll know that the guys at TFDi (with lockheeds help) are working on a potential fix.

so, as the bus driver that used to drive me home from school used to say "Sit down and Shut up"

If you make the decision to dump this magnificent aircraft because you can't be patient, that's on you. But I'm not gonna stand by and watch you shit all over these guys and their reputation because of your hang ups.

• Like 1