did flight from EDDF to EHAM 

with orbx germany north and south and with orbx True earth Netherlands 

and with AS EDDF and Flytampa amsterdam

everything went well vram begin 6.0gb when landed 8.0gb

and good fps 

pc i7 8086k 5.1oc

gtx1080ti 11gb

32gb ddr 4 mhz3200 gskill  trident z 

thanks its only special one from caseking dellided i have it at 1.34volt at 5.1 ghz running very cool max temps in v4 and v5 between 50 and 60 C 

Without True Glass, I was able to fly from LEBB (Orbx) to LFMN in VR and with EA. FPS was acceptable and there were no technical issues. However, as soon as I try VR with True Glass, P3D quits with the well known VRAM message.

Michael

Without True glass and Real light I am around the 4.2 and 4.6 VRAM. The only annoying thing are  the screens and other instruments flickering and flashing every 5-10 seconds or so.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, DISCO said:

Without True glass and Real light I am around the 4.2 and 4.6 VRAM. The only annoying thing are  the screens and other instruments flickering and flashing every 5-10 seconds or so.

Yep same here. It seems to flicker at the same rate as similar flashes of the menu bar, info text, etc. I think this is a known bug in v5 and LM are aware of that. Sadly for me it has left the 717 unusable :(

Edited by Boez

On 5/14/2020 at 10:41 AM, Boez said:

Yep same here. It seems to flicker at the same rate as similar flashes of the menu bar, info text, etc. I think this is a known bug in v5 and LM are aware of that. Sadly for me it has left the 717 unusable :(

I was expecting to see this problem in the 717, since I do have the intermittent flickering of the menu bar - something I noticed immediately when I first installed P3DV5. For whatever reason, it is not affecting the cockpit displays in the beta 717 on my system. I have a GTX-1080Ti GPU, with mid-to-high graphics settings in-sim, using 2048 textures. I run the sim frame limiter at 120, with frame rate externally limited in the Nvidia Control Panel at 29. HDR is “on”. True Glass and Real Light DLLs are disabled for now.

My only complaint about the displays is that they are too bright in V5 with the default settings. I have to turn the 6 intensity controls on the center console almost fully CCW to set the display intensity to a comfortable level.

Has anyone noticed in the CDU when you change pages or enter text with a LSK that the text fades from the scratch pad? Kinda leaves the old text as well like an old CRT burned image. I’ll have to try to grab a video of it.

For anyone with the flickering, (I've not seen this yet on my side) -- could you guys try lowering your FPS limit?

There was a really nasty flicker bug in v4.x that made the entire screen flicker like crazy, and the fix for it was to limit FPS to 55FPS and below. Wondering if this may help in v5?