Sign in to follow this  
hogi2

PAXC Emergency Notification

So I have set the emergency features  to 'Common' and since doing so have not really experienced any problems. I have had something that said 'baggage issue' and 'unruly' passenger and I was only made aware of them when viewing the flight report at the end? 

Should I not be informed? Does nothing pop up or an FA contact me to inform me? 

Seems like an unruly passenger is something I need to know about. 

Baggage issues and unruly passengers are not emergencies and flight attendants in the real world are trained to deal with those situations, so they may not notify you, considering that you as the pilot are to fly the plane.

On 6/24/2020 at 6:10 AM, Fabio Almeida said:

Baggage issues and unruly passengers are not emergencies and flight attendants in the real world are trained to deal with those situations, so they may not notify you, considering that you as the pilot are to fly the plane.

Many years as a flight attendant here...

Bag issues are as simple as popping your head in the FD and saying "Hey guys we're gate-checking a lot of bags back here it's going to be a minute," and an unruly passenger is a definite call the FD immediately to keep them in the loop.

It's effective CRM. My old airline, BrandX, had a 1-4 level classification process for unruly pax, and anything over a 1 was a mandatory inflight irregularity report after the incident, and immediately notifying the pilots. They broke out like this:
1: Not very nice, occasional profanity
2: Verbal abuse, more than occasional profanity
3: Touching of any kind, physical abuse
4: Attempted or actual flight deck breach

"Unruly" is a big big big range of things but sounds to me like it would be 2 and 3. I've had the 2's probably 50+ times, been called names, screamed at, had a guy get in my face and call me a few slurs, and the first thing I would do would go back to the galley and pick up the interphone.

Would be nice if we could see this in an update!