Sign in to follow this  
Ryz

Issue with FSX:SE

Posted (edited)

So I reinstalled FSX:SE last night cause there are a few aircraft that I wanted to use again that aren't available in P3D4. But whenever I open the PacX wiindow it takes the sim out of fullscreen and puts it in windowed. Windowed mode is hard to fly in. I sometimes click something on my taskbar instead of a flight instrument. I thought to use the HUD but the HUD won't work at all in full screen. The only way to get it to show up is to be in windowed but when you go back to fullscreen you can't click on anything. Not even the menu at the top. Just wondering if there's any fix. If not, I can live with it since I'm only gonna use FSX occasionally but other people might have the same issue.

Edited by Ryz

2 hours ago, Tyler Syring said:

Have you tried having your simulator fully ready to go then closing and reopening the PACX HUD?

I don't really understand what you mean.

17 hours ago, Tyler Syring said:

Open and configure your simulator, then go to the PACX HUD, close out of it. Then reopen it.

Didn't work. If I try and open it in full screen the sim freezes until I exit full screen and if I open it in windowed then go into full screen the sim is frozen until I exit full screen. Tried closing and reopening and it didn't work.

We understand your frustration. Having a simulator open on full screen and having another program open in full screen can sometimes cause issues. I can recommend that you try windowed borderless mode within your simulator. This feature has a lot of benefits.

12 hours ago, Tyler Syring said:

We understand your frustration. Having a simulator open on full screen and having another program open in full screen can sometimes cause issues. I can recommend that you try windowed borderless mode within your simulator. This feature has a lot of benefits.

I'm used to it now. It's not the end of the world. Thanks though. I can live with it while using FSX. Doesn't happen on P3D so its not that big of a deal.