FSX 717 Cockpit Night Lighting

Question

Hi,

I have recently tried to do a night flight in the 717 but unfortunately had to stop shortly after getting to the runway as I could not see a thing in the cockpit, and the cockpit lighting buttons do not work in FSX. Does anyone know a fix for this? I would love to do some night flying in the 717 if any of you know how to fix the lighting not turning on 

And yes I am turning the right knob to turn on the lights.

17 answers to this question

7 minutes ago, Fabio Almeida said:

Can you try using legacy rendering for the 717 and seeing if this issue persists? You can view learn how to use the LegacyRendering system via this link: https://support.tfdidesign.com/en/support/solutions/articles/62000104146-flickering-on-displays-lighting-or-trueglass-with-sli-enabled

I'll try that out once I get on my computer.

On 10/16/2020 at 11:28 AM, Fabio Almeida said:

Can you try using legacy rendering for the 717 and seeing if this issue persists? You can view learn how to use the LegacyRendering system via this link: https://support.tfdidesign.com/en/support/solutions/articles/62000104146-flickering-on-displays-lighting-or-trueglass-with-sli-enabled

I tested it out, but I don't have the legacy rendering folder in my 717 folder on FSX.

2 hours ago, Fabio Almeida said:

The legacy folder should be there. Can you try re-installing the aircraft to see if the files are downloaded?

Just tried the other day. I go to Steam, steamapps, common, FSX, TFDi 717, Panel, and there is nothing related to legacy in there. Each time I re install it, it has the same items in the Panel folder.

51 minutes ago, Fabio Almeida said:

Can you take a screenshot of the what the cabin looks like during night time?

Yea of course. I'll send a picture once I get a chance to get on my pc and I'll send one with the lights being off and one of when they should be on. In both pictures power will be supplied to the aircraft to show its not an issue of me trying to turn on the lights when there is no power.

On 10/20/2020 at 10:14 AM, Fabio Almeida said:

Can you take a screenshot of the what the cabin looks like during night time?

The first picture is when they should be on, but are clearly not (note even though flight displays are off, you can tell from the autopilot control panel that power is being supplied to the aircraft). The second picture is when the lights should be off and they are. Third picture is exterior view when lights should be on, I don't know for sure if it is supposed to show light out the passenger windows or not, but thought I should include that as well just in case that might not be working as well.

I have turned the white knobs next to the light switch which in my knowledge controls the panel text lighting as well as another one for dome brightness. These are turned up and still showing no difference in the cockpit.

Thanks.

Screenshot_446.png

Screenshot_447.png

Screenshot_448.png

On 10/23/2020 at 9:14 AM, Fabio Almeida said:

I have. I turned my anti virus off and re installed and everything and the cockpit lights are still not turning on for me.

(Post made again because I never quoted last post on Saturday which may have contributed to no notification of post.)

49 minutes ago, Fabio Almeida said:

Is Windows Defender also disabled? This may not be needed, but just to be sure that this is not the conflicting factor.

Oh, forgot about Windows Defender. I'll test it again trying it out in game then re installing if it doesn't work again with both Windows Defender and my anti-virus turned off.

23 hours ago, Fabio Almeida said:

Is Windows Defender also disabled? This may not be needed, but just to be sure that this is not the conflicting factor.

I have disabled every antivirus program on my computer, tried it, didn't work, then I reinstalled the plane again with everything still off and it still didn't work.

23 hours ago, AustinNelson said:

I am not getting any kind of error messages at all. It just doesn't turn on the lights when I flip the switch.

Could you open a ticket with our support team? We can get an AnyDesk session with you so we can take a direct look. That may be easier.