turbofandude

If You're Undecided

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, canadagoose said:

...then be amazed, because I have a very stable setup I am happy with for now and very rarely get a CTD with the system I have absolutely no issues with PMDG, Aerosoft, Majestic I am happy with everything about my setup, not including of coarse this add on. Bottom line, I am not happy with the TFDi 717 performance on my system. I would love to upgrade to a better system to run FSX, but why should I when I get my modest FPS of 16 on the ground and locked FPS 30 (again, I am happy with) in the air with above mentioned addons. All this on what you said, "your processor is horrible in today's standards". It is my fault and I am sorry I did not check your "minimum system requirements" before I bought the product.

 

Regards,

Tom

 

 

I'm not a representative of tfdi, i'm just letting you know that with those PC specs you posted you're under almost all of the addons you listed minimum requirements and you should not expect consistent results. every addon is different in how its made, how it was coded and compiled, and how many polys are within the model. you're comparing apples to oranges when you want PMDG performance in a different plane, they are not made the same. 

Edited by reflic
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Flic1 said:

1.0.2.0 is correct for the addon manager.  1.0.4.0 is the aircraft version...in order to check the airplane, go to the MCDU and hit 'Menu' and then hit FMC-1.  The version will show up there for you.

thank you for answer

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, reflic said:

I'm not a representative of tfdi, i'm just letting you know that with those PC specs you posted you're under almost all of the addons you listed minimum requirements and you should not expect consistent results. every addon is different in how its made, how it was coded and compiled, and how many polys are within the model. you're comparing apples to oranges when you want PMDG performance in a different plane, they are not made the same. 

Your not a rep of TFDi? You sure know your apples and oranges, and model polys. You want to chime in here Collin?

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, canadagoose said:

Anyway, TFDi or no, I will get the Aerosoft CRJ as well when it is released and judging by past experience I am confident it will be a good jet for my short regional hops. 

now you're just being a troll, have fun with that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, canadagoose said:

Anyway, TFDi or no, I will get the Aerosoft CRJ as well when it is released and judging by past experience I am confident it will be a good jet for my short regional hops. 

Have fun with that, when it will release in 2034. And good luck if you need any support there.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, canadagoose said:

...then be amazed, because I have a very stable setup I am happy with for now and very rarely get a CTD with the system I have absolutely no issues with PMDG, Aerosoft, Majestic I am happy with everything about my setup, not including of coarse this add on. Bottom line, I am not happy with the TFDi 717 performance on my system. I would love to upgrade to a better system to run FSX, but why should I when I get my modest FPS of 16 on the ground and locked FPS 30 (again, I am happy with) in the air with above mentioned addons. All this on what you said, "your processor is horrible in today's standards". It is my fault and I am sorry I did not check your "minimum system requirements" before I bought the product.

PS: Your minimum requirements on your product page, not much detail here

Requirements

 

  • A network connection for activation and installation
  • 1GB of disk space
  • Minimum hardware specifications for the desired simulator platform
  • Windows Vista or later
 

 

 

Regards,

Tom

 

 

Seeing as the PMDG has higher minimum requirements than FSX itself, and those minimum requirements are higher than your system's specs, I call a load of BS if I'm going to be honest. How in the hell are you running a 2006 machine more than 10 years later and expect it to function, especially seeing technology has advanced probably more in the last 10 years than it ever has before, in a 10 year time span.

Not trying to be an ***, but you can't be serious, complaining about low frames on a beautiful looking aircraft on such a piece of garbage.

If you're getting a constant 30 frames, then your sim must look like a potato because my frames aren't a constant 30 FPS at 3rd party addon scenery airports with PMDG planes, and I have an i7 3770k and a GTX970.

Edited by GSOaviator
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, GSOaviator said:

Seeing as the PMDG has higher minimum requirements than FSX itself, and those minimum requirements are higher than your system's specs, I call a load of BS if I'm going to be honest. How in the hell are you running a 2006 machine more than 10 years later and expect it to function, especially seeing technology has advanced probably more in the last 10 years than it ever has before, in a 10 year time span.

Not trying to be an ***, but you can't be serious, complaining about low frames on a beautiful looking aircraft on such a piece of garbage.

If you're getting a constant 30 frames, then your sim must look like a potato because my frames aren't a constant 30 FPS at 3rd party addon scenery airports with PMDG planes, and I have an i7 3770k and a GTX970.

Believe me I'm not trolling here, nor have I ever trolled a forum. A paying customer who wants credible answers from someone who actually works for TFDi. GSO, You can call me a liar ("load of BS"), but I do get good results from my current setup. Check your facts, I said I get a frame rates ranging up to 30fps locked IN THE AIR. Sorry I wasn't clear on that. Calm down man! Jealousy gets you no where. I'm envious of my system performance as well, considering my "piece of garbage".

Thanks, you have good one!

Edited by canadagoose
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, AFavors said:

Hello Team,

First of all, I would like to congratulate you all for such a wonderful product. Let me start by saying, I entered into this purchase knowing it wasn't finished. And just the responses to these problems alone lets me know that was a wise decision. I haven't posted about any problems yet (not because I don't have any), but because there's enough of that going on. That's not to insult anyone who has (ultimately, you have helped me out), but just to say: I didn't expect a finished product upon purchase. Each update makes it better and better. I'm EXTREMELY pleased with the level of service we are receiving POST PURCHASE. Something you'd be hard pressed to get from some other companies I CHOOSE not to name. One in particular who keeps telling me my problems MUST BE on my end, even though there are at the least, hundreds of others saying they have the EXACT same problem. And then suspend or ban you from there forums for abuse, because they don't like what you have to say, No matter how truthful it is (years after a release that was SUPPOSED TO BE a finished product, nonetheless). Keep up the good work and keep the updates coming. For those who are a fan of the 717 and are patient, The reward far exceeds the risk!

 

Couldn't say it better my self.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not to bring back old argument, but Q6600 is not garbage CPU. It is still quite capable today. Hardcore gaming might be an issue, but not FSX, which itself was released in 2006, when people still had space heater Pentium 4 Prescotts, and Pentium Ds. So a 2007/8 Core 2 Quad should be fine, that being said, I have Q6600 Machine on my other desk, and I still use it for alot of things, even some games, and web browsing, YouTube, it all works fine! (1080P), even some flight sim!!!! So I don't know what you are talking!

 

The TFDi is complex, so it may not run so nice on the Q6600, but it should be at least flyable.

That being said, my OC'ed Phenom II X4 840T (2009) struggles with the TFDi, and NGX, but everything else is fine. (I ordered a Core i5 and a board :D)

 

GPU is not so important in FSX, unless you have alot of addon scenery. The CPU does most of the aircraft calculation, and I believe gauges as well.

I'd happily try the TFDi on the C2Q machine, if you want to know how it fares with 3870X2 card.

 

J

Edited by it0uchpods
Grammer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry, but a Q6600 is just going to be *awful* with P3D and even worse with FSX, when running a detailed addon aircraft of some kind. I know, I had one.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, canadagoose said:

That did not seem to do it. Even rebooted computer.  Long load times and FSX seems to freeze up. FPS did show 5.6 instead of the usual 0.4 in the frozen state if that is any consolation. I guess we can try the other steps you mentioned. In meantime I'm off to bed. Talk later.

 

Thanks,

Tom

 

Oh my gosh, Norton Antivirus is about the worst that you can have on your computer for any kind of gaming.  I'd get rid of that and get Avast or Bitdefender, or some others that are way  better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, AFavors said:

Hello Team,

First of all, I would like to congratulate you all for such a wonderful product. Let me start by saying, I entered into this purchase knowing it wasn't finished. And just the responses to these problems alone lets me know that was a wise decision. I haven't posted about any problems yet (not because I don't have any), but because there's enough of that going on. That's not to insult anyone who has (ultimately, you have helped me out), but just to say: I didn't expect a finished product upon purchase. Each update makes it better and better. I'm EXTREMELY pleased with the level of service we are receiving POST PURCHASE. Something you'd be hard pressed to get from some other companies I CHOOSE not to name. One in particular who keeps telling me my problems MUST BE on my end, even though there are at the least, hundreds of others saying they have the EXACT same problem. And then suspend or ban you from there forums for abuse, because they don't like what you have to say, No matter how truthful it is (years after a release that was SUPPOSED TO BE a finished product, nonetheless). Keep up the good work and keep the updates coming. For those who are a fan of the 717 and are patient, The reward far exceeds the risk!

 

I'm with you here too.  The after-purchase support that TFDi is providing is beyond anything that I've seen. They seem as anxious to provide us with a perfect product as we are to be flying one.

I'm so excited about this Boeing 717 that I just paid $135 for a beautifully printed 717 Pilot's Operating Handbook that's about 2" thick.  I just want to know everything about it that I can.

This is an amazing sim and I'm really excited about seeing it get perfected, even if it's just a little at a time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, canadagoose said:

Believe me I'm not trolling here, nor have I ever trolled a forum. A paying customer who wants credible answers from someone who actually works for TFDi. GSO, You can call me a liar ("load of BS"), but I do get good results from my current setup. Check your facts, I said I get a frame rates ranging up to 30fps locked IN THE AIR. Sorry I wasn't clear on that. Calm down man! Jealousy gets you no where. I'm envious of my system performance as well, considering my "piece of garbage".

Thanks, you have good one!

 

Hey bud, as long as you're happy.. enjoy it. Remember it's just a hobby if you've become comfortable with 16FPS in the NGX. I can tell you the TFDi is very complex even on P3D. My CPU runs at 70% almost the entire way on my old i7 2600k @4.2Ghz but I get great performance (now after the recent updates).

 

So without any harsh comments, I recommend you get a much better CPU or computer overall. FSX runs all on the CPU. I heard Steam might have tweaked some lines around not sure but give it a try! P3D allows the GPU to give us some amazing visuals and relieve some power off of the CPU.

 

To TFDi.... I admire your intuition and willingness to get feedback from the community. Many companies need to follow in your steps! Keep up the good work.

 

Ryan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Collin,

I was expecting a more complete product for the price paid and was disappointed on the first load into the sim. I had and still have no doubt you will take care of it in a timely manner. I have dealt with you personally when you helped myself and the CEO of the VA I fly for set up our smartcars. You came into our teamspeak and did a great job. That is why I bought the 717 because of you personally. I have been in sales for over 30 years and can tell you the golden rule, People buy from People and your product is only as good as you back it up. As long as you stay up front, humble and take care of it, it will be fine. I have faith in you and your team that this will become a very complete product.

Keep up the good work and stay in touch with your customers

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I  am a bit of an oldie and I have been simming a long time. I can't tell you how many times I've laboured over a model that upon first release has bugs, is a CPU hog or whatever, only for it to turn out to be, in the end, a positively inconic piece of work. The important thing, as far as I am concerned, is not whether there are problems with the initial release model, although obviously it would be great if it worked 'straight out of the box', but whether developers are willing to communicate and show a willingness to put things right. That way we work together for a good outcome. This is what Colin and the team have done and I must say that this has impressed an old codger like me. All power to you guys, I looking forward to the model brought to fruition.

Neil

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Neilg said:

I  am a bit of an oldie and I have been simming a long time. I can't tell you how many times I've laboured over a model that upon first release has bugs, is a CPU hog or whatever, only for it to turn out to be, in the end, a positively inconic piece of work. The important thing, as far as I am concerned, is not whether there are problems with the initial release model, although obviously it would be great if it worked 'straight out of the box', but whether developers are willing to communicate and show a willingness to put things right. That way we work together for a good outcome. This is what Colin and the team have done and I must say that this has impressed an old codger like me. All power to you guys, I looking forward to the model brought to fruition.

Neil

Another spot on post! Agreed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm starting to see it quite clearly .. fix the bugs = best plane ever for me . More and more I'm charmed. Regarding visual side - I worship artist which is responsible for it. I have reservations about just one thing - engine fan rotating effect is .... let's say that can it make better :)  .I was thinking long about buying this plane but now I'm very glad absolutely!

Sorry for my english ... 

Best regards ..

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the honest post.  I'll fall into the category of keeping my wallet in my pocket until some more of these items are addressed.  But happily will be a paying customer when the product is more complete/patched further.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would never run anything based on "Minimum Requirements". Don't expect much more than bare minimum performance using that as a guideline.  

On 12/29/2016 at 2:52 PM, canadagoose said:

...then be amazed, because I have a very stable setup I am happy with for now and very rarely get a CTD with the system I have absolutely no issues with PMDG, Aerosoft, Majestic I am happy with everything about my setup, not including of coarse this add on. Bottom line, I am not happy with the TFDi 717 performance on my system. I would love to upgrade to a better system to run FSX, but why should I when I get my modest FPS of 16 on the ground and locked FPS 30 (again, I am happy with) in the air with above mentioned addons. All this on what you said, "your processor is horrible in today's standards". It is my fault and I am sorry I did not check your "minimum system requirements" before I bought the product.

PS: Your minimum requirements on your product page, not much detail here

Requirements

 

  • A network connection for activation and installation
  • 1GB of disk space
  • Minimum hardware specifications for the desired simulator platform
  • Windows Vista or later
 

 

 

Regards,

Tom

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Canadagoose,

 

I would like you to take a screenshot in FSX with the PMDG settings as you have them now, with the frames in the corner. You claim such great performance, and I would like to see you back that with evidence. I've seen numerous people with issues on here, but none of them are claiming the such things as you, along with the attitude you have shown not just the developers, but to others on here.

 

My specs:

 

i7 4770K OC 4.2GHZ

Zotac GTX980 ti.

16GB DDR3 Ram

Windows 7 64 Bit.

 

I highly doubt you get such an amazing performance. Why? Because even with my specs in the PMDG, I'll get right 28-35, with my graphics sliders mixed in settings. Pics, or it didn't happen.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Turbofandude,

I'm glad to see your sincere interest in making this add on great. I think it has great potential and so much of it is so good and so detailed already.

One show stopper for me is that I bought it on 1 January; have flown it just twice and both times FSX has stopped before I've reached cruise altitude with the dialogue box saying "Microsoft Flight Simulator has stopped working". This doesn't happen with my PMDG, FSLabs, and Aerosoft add-ons. I know I need to fly another aircraft soon to see if it goes OK and that some other problem hasn't developed but 2 out of 2 on the 717 is looking like a bad indicator. I wonder too if the Add On Manager is causing it as it seems to be a very quirky piece of software regarding inserting payload and fuel.

It would be great to have this solved. Unless I find something else going wrong I'll put in a support ticket soon.

Richard

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hipshot said:

Turbofandude,

I'm glad to see your sincere interest in making this add on great. I think it has great potential and so much of it is so good and so detailed already.

One show stopper for me is that I bought it on 1 January; have flown it just twice and both times FSX has stopped before I've reached cruise altitude with the dialogue box saying "Microsoft Flight Simulator has stopped working". This doesn't happen with my PMDG, FSLabs, and Aerosoft add-ons. I know I need to fly another aircraft soon to see if it goes OK and that some other problem hasn't developed but 2 out of 2 on the 717 is looking like a bad indicator. I wonder too if the Add On Manager is causing it as it seems to be a very quirky piece of software regarding inserting payload and fuel.

It would be great to have this solved. Unless I find something else going wrong I'll put in a support ticket soon.

Richard

 

 

happened to me aswell today.. first time seeing this..  

although. i was flying into some major red areas on the wx radar.. hah 

Edited by mach533x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hipshot said:

Turbofandude,

I'm glad to see your sincere interest in making this add on great. I think it has great potential and so much of it is so good and so detailed already.

One show stopper for me is that I bought it on 1 January; have flown it just twice and both times FSX has stopped before I've reached cruise altitude with the dialogue box saying "Microsoft Flight Simulator has stopped working". This doesn't happen with my PMDG, FSLabs, and Aerosoft add-ons. I know I need to fly another aircraft soon to see if it goes OK and that some other problem hasn't developed but 2 out of 2 on the 717 is looking like a bad indicator. I wonder too if the Add On Manager is causing it as it seems to be a very quirky piece of software regarding inserting payload and fuel.

It would be great to have this solved. Unless I find something else going wrong I'll put in a support ticket soon.

Richard

 

 

 

Would you be able to provide us an event viewer log?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now