P3Dv5.1 717 CTD Loading into Sim

Question

Hello,

I'm in the process of moving from P3Dv4 to v5.1 (w/ hot fix).  I've completely uninstalled and deleted remaining 717 files from v4.  Installation into v5 from the TFDi Addon Manager (not purchased via Orbx) seems normal.  Selecting the 717 and clicking fly has my P3D v5.1 flicker once, the aircraft model in the preview disappears and displays "No Preview Available" and leads to a crash to desktop without any errors.  717 v1.1.8.0.

Windows log is:

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 5.1.12.26829, time stamp: 0x5fb44f72
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.19041.844, time stamp: 0x60a6ca36
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x00000000000fef89
Faulting process id: 0x4998
Faulting application start time: 0x01d72896264c4bd1
Faulting application path: G:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 3f3ab17b-e0ec-4b0b-977b-b56c1c243228
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

This appears similar to some locked forum threads without a definitive answer.  I've also reset my activations to no avail.  What can I do to make this paid product work in v5?  Support ticket also created.  Thank you.

Edited by CaptKornDog

9 answers to this question

I have the same problem, going from V4.5 t0 V5.1, the 717 will not load properly and crashes the sim.

I have not changed any NVidia drivers and it worked perfectly in P3D V4.5.

I checked ORBX Central but there was just the "Buy and install" there. Do we have to buy a newer version of this?

On 4/21/2021 at 2:12 AM, Fabio Almeida said:

Please open up a ticket through my signature

I'm trying to start a ticket. I need to update my password and have requested that but I never receive the email.

On 4/27/2021 at 10:35 PM, Fabio Almeida said:

Did you create a support account before?

I don't think s. I have my login for the TFD site but that kept telling me something was wrong. When I asked for a password change I never received an email. The email address is correct

Has this problem been solved ? I have the exact same problem, and only with the TFDI 717. 

Selecting the 717 and clicking fly has my P3D v5.1 flicker once, the aircraft model in the preview disappears and displays "No Preview Available" and leads to a crash to desktop without any errors.

The only difference is that the error I get is ucrtbase.dll and not ntdll.dll