FMC calculation issues during decent

bdionysis

Question

I noticed some calculation issues during decent to two (2) different airports LCLK and LGAV.

While on top of decent procedure starts normal..After while, a flashing and a continuous change of time of arrival to the next waypoint appears and the plane stop decenting normal.She decent slowly and during approach is very high near airport. I noticed that i have to change altitude and speed to specific waypoints in order to correct somehow the issue...After correction the plane decent as she should but ILS Autolanding and engangement is not possible.

After repetition of the specific flights if i adjust Altitude and speed to specific waypoints before start the flight during the fms setup, when the plane reached TOD, the waypoint in FMC stays there like i did not pass from it yet, but, the decent continues normal and the ILS Autolanding system and engangement works normal as well.

2 answers to this question

if there is a sharp turn in the flight plan, it can cause an issue with the decent calculations, and start a repeating recalculation event.  you the T/D as a guide, but be the pilot and remember, you have the Final say. be on top of the automation, be prepared for ATC to bring you in on a closer runway approach, and just use the T/D as a reference.

This topic has been automatically locked due to no responses being given in the past 60 days. If you need any further help, please create a new, detailed forum post or speak to a Community Moderator or Staff Member.

Title: FMC calculation issues during decent
Locked At: 06/18/2021
Locked By: Otto Pilot

- TFDi Design Forum Management