Thrustmeter TCA Compatibility

Go to solution Solved by KingKennedy,

Question

Hello!

I recently bought the Thrustmaster TCA side stick and throttle set. In regards to the throttle, the idling position on the hardware is not idle in the aircraft. I am aware that this is an issue with all non-airbus aircraft due to the thrust and reverse thrust being on the same axis. Does anyone happen to know a setting I might be able to change within the config file for the 717 to adjust this setting? Any help would be great! 

Thanks,

Skyler (KingKennedy)

[ The picture attacked is when the hardware is in 'idle' position. 

Capture333.PNG

3 answers to this question

• Solution

Unfortunately yes. I have found out that there is a mechanism to force the reverse thruster throttles into an open position so the full axis is available (fixes not idling issue). The side affect of this is that I can not use the actual reverse thruster action on the hardware. 

Hardware explanation: 

The hardware is made up on 1 axis for each lever. The axis extends from position -1.00 to +1.00. Within this range on the axis, the hardware provides a reverse thrust action. This is done by pulling a lever on each throttle to bring the lever into a "reverse detent mode" (Just like a real Airbus Throttle). Unfortunately, this mode is still using the -1 to +1 axis positions on the axis (Reverse thrust on the hardware tends to use the positions of -1.00 through -0.50. The sim detects an aircraft throttle idling at position -1.00. Other aircraft development teams have implemented a fix to the issue fly allowing the user to set a axis position as the aircrafts throttle "idle".

Yes, i have also the same issues with the Thrustmaster TCA throttle.....

I fly also all the Airbusses from Aerosoft and they have a special piece of software the "Configurator" to enable the TCA Throttle Quadrant.(See the picture) If it is enabled then you're good with the Airbusses.....

There is a solution to configure the throttles with FSUIPC but you have to delete the X and Y axis in your Flightsimm (Mostly Prepar3D v4.5 or v5.1) you can then set the total range of your throttles with FSUIPC included the reverse detent zone.

The strange thing is that i can't fly the Airbusses anymore....if i delete the Axles, because the Axles don't exist in the Flightsim anymore....

And all the other planes like PMDG etc, they need the Axles normaly but if you delete them then you have to configure every single plane in FSUIPC....

I hope some day TFDi Design make it also possible to fly with the Thrustmaster TCA Throttle Quadrant.....

Might be an extra setting in the Addon Manager ....?

Hope that i informed you a little...

Greetings,

Hans

AES-Configurator.png

Edited by Milonas