Boeing 717 Exterior Lighting in FSX

WorldTraveller1984

Question

Hello,

Firstly, what an amazing simulation of the Boeing 717! I love it! Took the United Express jet from Newark KEWR to Chicago KORD last night! What a thrill! 😊

I am however very disappointed with the quality of the external lighting! The wing navigation, strobe and landing lights, as well as the logo light, are far too dim! They cast their respective flashes upon the ground but when airborne are BARELY visible! 

Is there a fix or something I can do on my end? 

Thank you! 

PS - also mega disappointed that the Boeing 717 Immersion is only available for P3D! Tsk tsk! 🤣

Edited by WorldTraveller1984

3 answers to this question

On 9/10/2021 at 2:08 AM, WorldTraveller1984 said:

The wing navigation, strobe and landing lights, as well as the logo light, are far too dim!

Unfortunately, the 717 is at End of Life. If you wish to modify the brightness of the lights, you are more than welcome to edit the values in the Effects files to match what you are looking for!

On 9/10/2021 at 2:08 AM, WorldTraveller1984 said:

also mega disappointed that the Boeing 717 Immersion is only available for P3D!

Unfortunately, we do not control the Immersion Pack, as this is produced by Parallel 42.

1 hour ago, Fabio Almeida said:

Unfortunately, the 717 is at End of Life. If you wish to modify the brightness of the lights, you are more than welcome to edit the values in the Effects files to match what you are looking for!

Unfortunately, we do not control the Immersion Pack, as this is produced by Parallel 42.

Thank you for your reply, but with my apologies, I find this completely unacceptable. 

I have paid good money (£50+) for this product via Orbx and to now be told that the product is at “end of life” and as such not in the support scope of the company any longer, I think that is very poor.
I do not expect to have to go into complex and critical files within a program, to modify parameters, just to allow basic effects, when I have paid so much to have the privilege of having it on my system in the first place.

I will however try this, but if you can, can you at least tell me where to find these effects files? All I can seem to find, in my FSX effects files, is the

“TFDi_Design_717_Touchdown.fx” file

Nothing more.

Again, thank you.

On 9/13/2021 at 6:58 PM, WorldTraveller1984 said:

I have paid good money (£50+) for this product via Orbx and to now be told that the product is at “end of life” and as such not in the support scope of the company any longer, I think that is very poor.
I do not expect to have to go into complex and critical files within a program, to modify parameters, just to allow basic effects, when I have paid so much to have the privilege of having it on my system in the first place.

The 717 is not at End of Support. Critical bugs or crashes will still be supported, but there will be no more minor changes to the 717 unless something changes. While I understand that is disappointing, the 717 has been in the market for a long time, supporting a range of platforms from Flight Simulator X to Prepar3D v5.

On 9/13/2021 at 6:58 PM, WorldTraveller1984 said:

I will however try this, but if you can, can you at least tell me where to find these effects files?

You can search for TFDi_Design_717 in the Effects folder and this should show all the available effects the 717 has.