Arrival Times

atav757

I know the last thing TFDI said about this issue was "We spent a lot of time thinking about how we would have PACX do times etc... we won't be changing this" but is it fair that a flight report is totally incorrect / contradicting itself? How can I be slightly ahead of schedule and also late? I landed according to schedule 12 minutes early and blocked in 21 minutes early.  Are you guys really not going to fix this?

Untitled.thumb.png.37ee9bfe67c6ee66613d6d284536cf90.png

3 minutes ago, Fabio Almeida said:

This actually does not look like an issue related to the times, it seems like the timezone was not considered. Have you got the link to this flight so we can look at it further?

Is it because PACX uses computer system time for arrival time or something weird like that? If you do that math on any of those times none of them make sense, even with the two hour change in time zone. It's a bit frustrating to have your satisfaction go down because the app is measuring arbitrary flight or block times. This is the same issue a few users reported a bit back.

I was using another ACARS program to record all flight data. It records the exact moments of brake release, wheels up, touchdown, and final brake application. It came up with flight time of 02:59 (one minute of rounding error) which is exactly right, why does PACX record 03:46? PACX is a very fun crew / pax interaction app but I don't use it regularly anymore because of this bug.

https://pacx.online/flight/321e24ab-1b85-4237-b70f-ff02ab1028f4

Untitled.thumb.png.19bc945d82ece6ff8992eb55650bc93c.png

The ahead and behind thing is just poor wording - the ahead of schedule was likely gate departure/takeoff, but the delay was at the arrival. That is, admittedly, a bit confusing. Regarding the actual times, I will put this in our queue to do a thorough review and possibly change this system. The times should at least make sense and I don't know how your ACARS report relates to your PACX flight report, which concerns me.

2 hours ago, turbofandude said:

The ahead and behind thing is just poor wording - the ahead of schedule was likely gate departure/takeoff, but the delay was at the arrival. That is, admittedly, a bit confusing. Regarding the actual times, I will put this in our queue to do a thorough review and possibly change this system. The times should at least make sense and I don't know how your ACARS report relates to your PACX flight report, which concerns me.

9 hours ago, Fabio Almeida said:

@turbofandude Might be worth taking a look at the above

I appreciate both of you acknowledging this issue. All I know is the other ACARS software timestamps FS zulu (and perhaps translates it to local? But I suppose that’s irrelevant?) and compares what is put in for scheduled departure (pushback time), arrival, and flight times to see if I’m early or late.