Remote Access of the IFE

paullam

Question

Dear all,

I am currently on my first flight using PACX. So far the start has been wonderful and PACX appears to be a great product from what I have seen.

I've just got one minor question regarding the IFE. I am running my main PC and a laptop on the same wifi network. During cruise, the laptop mostly sits idle as I mainly use it preflight and during climb and appoach for displaying METARS, charts etc (I should really use it more to work on my master thesis but thats another topic... 🙈).

Since the IFE opens in a browser window would it be possible to access the IFE from the laptop even without the remote installation? Since the laptop I use is a Macbook the remote installation isn't an option here. Running it remotely would add quite a lovely feature for those running a second computer without having the remote installtion.

Maybe there's a quick option and if not - it's a great product nonetheless!

Best regards!

Paul L.

5 answers to this question

Hi Paul

Yes this works. I have a Windows tablet I use for charts and during the the flight I access the IFE on my MSFS computer via Wifi.

You need to find out the IP address of your MSFS computer on your wifi (i.e. CMD prompt, ipconfig command, look for value in IPv4 line). Let's say on my network that's 192.168.1.16, 2 but likely to be different on yours.

On your laptop, open your web browser of choice and in the address bar type in the IP address of your MSFS computer running PACX followed by a colon and the IFE port number. i.e., on my network that would be "192.168.1.162:9015".
That should open the IFE webpage on your laptop. If you access is denied, you may need to work on the firewall settings on your MSFS computer to allow access.

I can likewise access the IFE page on my mobile devices on my wifi the same way.

Kind regards,
Marek

Hi Marek,

thanks for your response and sorry for the late reply on my side. Due to lots of other stuff going on I couldn't quite find the time to further deal with this "problem". But I just tried your explanation and it works!! So thanks a lot for your help! Maybe it helps other users as well!

Best regards,

Paul

• Like 1