smartCATS.exe The application was unable to start correctly (0x000007b)

Pat738

I've been using smartCARS in our VA (joinava.org) for years. I've moved to a new server computer AMD 5950/W10. I've gone thru the tFDi suggested 

1. W10

2. .NET FRAMEWORK 4.8

3. XPUIPC

4.VISUAL c++ 2010 (X86)

5. DIRECT x jUNE 2010 REDIST.

i unistalled msvcr100.dll off of SYS32 & WOW64. ( just like forum post , Fabio Almieida suggested.).

I'm at a loss what to try next. 

Thanks, 

Pat738

INSTALLATION:
7/16/2022 5:18 PM,  initialzed
Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0 (x64)
reg_exists(): returning false, OpenSubKey returned null for the child

RUN:
smartCATS.exe - Application Error
The application was unable to start correctly (0x000007b)
Click OK to close the application.

UNINSTALL:
7/16/2022 5:19 PM,  initialzed
Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0 (x64)
an exception occured in bkgwkruninstall_DoWork(...): System.ArgumentException: Cannot delete a subkey tree because the subkey does not exist.
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)
   at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.DeleteSubKeyTree(String subkey, Boolean throwOnMissingSubKey)
   at tfdi_installer.mainform.bkgwkruninstall_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
an exception occured in bkgwkruninstall_DoWork(...): System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at tfdi_installer.mainform.bkgwkruninstall_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
an exception occured in bkgwkruninstall_DoWork(...): System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\smartCARS\568\en-US\logs'.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.Directory.Delete(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive, Boolean checkHost)

tfdi_installer.zip

• 2 weeks later...

The problem has been resolved with help of DISCORD TFDI Support. 
the   msvcr100.dll  and msvcp100.dll in Window SysWOW folder did not correct key update when reinstalling the 2010 C++redistributable. Everything is working great now. Thanks for following up on this. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

This topic has been automatically locked due to no responses being given in the past 60 days. If you need any further help, please create a new, detailed forum post or speak to a Community Moderator or Staff Member.

Title: smartCATS.exe The application was unable to start correctly (0x000007b)
Locked At: 09/26/2022
Locked By: Otto Pilot

- TFDi Design Forum Management