gamesyns

TFDi Design 717: What's Next

Recommended Posts

Just a few thoughts on this

Quote

Since release, we’ve all (the TFDi team) come to realize that we were looking at the state of the aircraft the wrong way. In the professional software world, releasing an initial iteration of a program and adding features over time is not only acceptable but standard. This is exactly what we did. That said, that method of approaching it is unreasonable for something like an aircraft.

First of all I agree that releases so far have been incomplete and somewhat buggy. Being an early adopter, I expected some bugs. However some lacking features I did find frustrating and should have been completed before stable release, if it was up to me. That said, I am glad things are being fixed, features are being added and the flash backs I was getting to my Air Simmer A320 experience have proven to be incorrect.

Now I disagree with this statement as I really would not mind seeing a continuous development cycle even after the aircraft has become a lot more flyable. There's always improvements that can be made, even if it is little things like changing the electronic flight bag interface around a little. We're used to this in the mobile apps world. However a lot of flight sim products still seem to be treated as boxed cds - once they are out their you'd be lucky to get a few updates to fix / improve things.

Just my two cents.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very disappointed with this reply, you acknowledge that you got it wrong with your approach and not keeping customers updated..that's a big plus, it's also good that you are working on textures, that's good but not an essential fix at this point, you mention the ability to add fixes in the FMC has been added, another fine BUT there are more urgent fixes that need attention which you make no mention of - flightplan save and import ant important feature because of the continual CTD, but no indication when it's coming. What are you doing to address the CTD? There is no definitive timeline but I got the impression your response was only slightly better than "we are working on it"

I suppose something is better that nothing, but overall I feel only slightly more informed.

I guess the 717 remains in the hanger, for the time being at least.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have purchased many aircrafts over the years. Yet, this aircraft will turn out to be among the very best in the history of payware. I have no regrets for purchasing it on its maiden day. I hand fly this airplane and am simply amazed by its handling. Keep it up.

tony

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, flyforever said:

I have purchased many aircrafts over the years. Yet, this aircraft will turn out to be among the very best in the history of payware. I have no regrets for purchasing it on its maiden day. I hand fly this airplane and am simply amazed by its handling. Keep it up.

tony

Apparently you never purchased much over the years. I can think of a few like PMDG, Level-D, Carenado, A2A, etc that are outstanding. But as you stated, your only hand flying it so as long as you don't need to rely on any of the systems your ok. :P 

Edited by Dan Moore
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Dan Moore said:

Apparently you never purchased much over the years. I can think of a few like PMDG, Level-D, Carenado, A2A, etc that are outstanding. But as you stated, your only hand flying it so as long as you don't need to rely on any of the systems your ok. :P 

I am the same page as flyforever. Right now it is undoubtedly rough and can sometimes be frustrating, especially with the AP system, but I can see this aircraft leveling-up to PMDG or Level-D as it continues to improve (A2A & Carenado don't really have a comparable airframe right now, but are outstanding in their genre). I cannot wait to see what the next update will hold. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, bigdixie said:

I am the same page as flyforever. Right now it is undoubtedly rough and can sometimes be frustrating, especially with the AP system, but I can see this aircraft leveling-up to PMDG or Level-D as it continues to improve (A2A & Carenado don't really have a comparable airframe right now, but are outstanding in their genre). I cannot wait to see what the next update will hold. 

I agree given time it will be a great plane once all the bugs are fixed but for someone to state it's the best payware plane in history as it is now is really stretching it. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MD-11 please. You guys did a good job on the 717 internal and external. Just minor hiccups with the CTD but im sure u will fix it. Please do an MD-11 . it will sell more than the 717. There is no MD-11 for P3D and it would sell like crazy. The systems are already half way down since you did the 717. 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So is Fresh Paint Friday already dead or what? After the one release, there's been no word from anyone about it

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now